Tuesday 28 January 2014

BusTed in Arthur River

 
The Edge of the World
 
Well, we finally reached it.
The sea west of Tasmania is the longest uninterrupted expanse of ocean on the globe.
From Argentina the currents sweep unimpeded more than halfway around the planet until they hit this point.  
 

 
THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
North West Coast Tasmania
 
Cast my pebble onto the shore of  Eternity
To be washed by the Ocean of Time.
It has shape, form and substance.
It is me.
One day I will be no more.
But my pebble will remain here.
On the shore of Eternity.
Mute witness for the aeons.
That today I came and stood,
at the edge of the world.
 
                            Brian Inder
 
 


 
Here is Ellens' pebble.

 
.....and there it goes.

 
kersplash !!
 
Here is my pebble.

 
......and there it goes.....Oh Shit !!!! I landed on the rocks..

 
Okay, here is my bigger pebble.

 
Phew!! splashdown.


 That was a close one. Now talking about close ones, check out this skinny little bridge we took the bus over...OMG.
 

 
It was a lovely morning, so heading back East from whence we came we popped into the Tarkine Forest Adventure at Dismal Swamp.

 
 
 
 
This was an extraordinary building with café and gift shop.
Also it was the start point for a huge slide down through the forest to a 640 ha sinkhole.
It looked great, the only downside was; you had to walk back up the hill, and I wasn't quite up to that yet.

 
We left feeling good and camped in a nice little spot at Smithton, Ellen pulled out her massage table and worked her magic on me.
How nice is that.

 

 
Next day we were driving along and we saw all these lovely orange wild flowers (probably weeds??) anyway, lovely flowers. So I stopped and picked some for my beautiful Ellen.


 
Till next time
Ellen and Michelle
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment