Sunday 14 July 2013

BusTed in Tenterfield

 
 
Its Hi from Tenterfield..
what a surprising little town this was.
 
 


We rolled through some magnificent hills and came down into this amazing looking countryside.
Most of the way we sang songs, always veering back to the few lines of Tenterfield Saddler, that we both knew, and humming the rest of it. We stayed at the local showground, parked the bus , then jumped on the bike to go to see the Saddler....woohooo. To our surprise and disappointment it was closed for renovations, however, this didn't stop us from a photo shoot.




 
Nice Knocker!
 
 


Look at this little beauty, Ellen was so persistent on getting a photo of this little bloke, he was in the river running through the showground, right next to where we camped. He was a very busy little platypus, and made everybody's day, diving and darting about up and down the river.


No trip to Tenterfield would be complete without a trip to the Train Museum, Ellen could hardly contain her excitement to get behind the counter and sell me a ticket.


                                                      .......or tie me to the railway track.



                       So much fun, driving the train, we had a really good time that morning.

 
..then back to the showground for a bit of a look around.
Here I am in the stands with all my friends.

 
..and below is ....well lets just say we laughed a lot!!
 
 





Early, frosty morning , great for Ellen's' photos. We came up with a good word FOJO... some days we have it , some days I don't. Elle seems to be on 99% of the time with pics like these.

 
Wheres BusTed??
 
 
We left Tenterfield and headed up to Bald Rock National Park, it was a nice drive up and back over the Great Dividing Range again.
 
A great opportunity to climb up and over one of the largest exposed granite rocks in Australia..

 
Mmmmm, well I got halfway up, no where near over....Ellen, on the other hand, what a little mountain goat... she was and is my saviour. When I panicked, stuck, not going up, too scared to go back down, my ankle and my knee on fire, my little mountain goat.... saved me, helping me back down one step at a time.



 
 

 

 
Safe, back on the forest floor.


 
We headed back towards town, the rock formations up here are extraordinary.

 
                                            We also stopped in to see Thunderbolts Hideout.


A nice walk through the bush to huge boulders, which create a large cavern beneath where the legendary Thunderbolt and his gang lived for a time.



 
Ellen decided to rearrange some furniture while we where there too.


 
 
till next time
hooroo
from
Ellen and Michelle
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. After reading the poem Pam Ayres ....'I wish I'd looked after me Tits' . I know why you liked the knocker.... Great photos I love them..especially 'where's Ted'?

    ReplyDelete