Thursday 18 July 2013

BusTed in Collarenabri

 
Hi again....clocking up the miles...there seems to be a lot of flat out here.....guess that's why they call them plains.
 
 
 
A quick overnight stop in "Collie" as the locals call it.

 
 We found a wondrous old treasure in the scrub, which Ellen captured beautifully.

 
We headed into town and had breakfast at a charming little place, it was full of quirky things, interesting nic nacs and bric-a-brac and adorning the walls was an abundance of poems and jokes. One in particular  tickled my fancy and I recommend that given the chance you Google it.
Pam Ayres ....'I wish I'd looked after me Tits' 
After a breakfast of bacon and egg roll, we hit the road again and saw
 kites in abundance obviously drawn by the road kill, on our way to Lightning Ridge.
Woohoo!!


 
 
Catch you next time
from the ridge
Ellen and Michelle
 
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment